Friday, June 05, 2009

One more week

One more week and I'll be off. The day went really well. I cleaned my room and started packing it. I still have quite a bit to do, but I have until Friday to do it, so it will happen.

Tonight was Teacher's Appreciation night at my school. They had a dinner for us, and it was a really good time. They asked each department to do a skit. Our department read a fun poem that one of the teachers had written about things that happened during the year. We each took turns reading a stanza. The writer read the last stanza, and she had written it as a way to announce her first pregnancy. Her husband is the youth pastor at the church connected to the school, and it was a moment that I was really glad to be a part of. Everyone was so excited and clapping and screaming. It was so neat. I've met some really great people at the school, and leaving it is bittersweet, but when I come home to my own kids, I know I've made the right decision.

I will close with a picture that MK took of herself on her last day of middle school...yes, it's true...I am the mother of a high schooler!

No comments: