Monday, June 15, 2009

Color guard camp

MK went to her first day of camp. She came home and practiced and has already shown great strides since she went to the tryouts. She was kind of quiet when I first picked her up, but she opened up and had a lot to say as the night went on. There is a McDonald's right by the school, and they walked there for lunch. That gave her a feeling of independence. She just doesn't get out and alone like I did as a kid. I walked and rode my bike everywhere, but it's a different world.

She frequently reminds us that she will get her learner's permit next year on her birthday. I know I'm not ready for it, but the poor girl gets lessons every time we go anywhere. I am constantly giving her tips (I do know that I am NOT the best driver out there) and telling her the names of roads. The Big Man was surprised when he came to DE with me for the first time that I did not know the names of many roads. I knew things by who lived near them...the way to Noelle's house, by Missy's house, the 7-11 where we stopped that one time...none of which helped him navigate his way around. I'm better now and determined that MK will know where she is.

T. Willy and I had fun while the Big Man was at work and MK was at camp. We played in the pool, and that was a blast. He has not liked the water much before, but he is getting much braver. He's not a fish yet, but I'm hoping he'll continue to gain confidence.

And now a picture of MK's dream car...a white Mustang with a pink stripe. She would love all pink, but we saw this in Destin a while ago, and she still talks about it.

1 comment:

Melissa Gephart said...

There is someone one town over from our little town who has a PINK mustang. It is quite eye catching!