Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thanks, Ben

So today I took T. Willy to the library. While I was there I thought about what a great concept the library is. If you're here, I have to imagine that you enjoy reading too, because my life certainly isn't compelling enough to attract a non-reader. I vaguely remembered that Benjamin Franklin started the first library. What didn't that man do? I just love the idea of getting books for free and then taking them back and getting more. Plus I was pretty excited about the books I got today so that made me happy! Not great literature but not beach-fluff either.

I had books to return. So I had to search MK's room and find hers then I found mine and off we went. I knew that they were late, but they were due Saturday when we were in Alachua (if you find that I like typing Alachua, you should hear how much I like to say it "A-latch-oo-uh"). I was hoping that the library had a grace period for the evacuees, but no luck. So, $1.80 later, I was free to browse.

T. was really good at the library. His stroller has an attachment with a steering wheel that has a horn and plays music. After a few glares from the sweet library ladies, I decided it was in my best interest to turn it off. He was not happy with that. But it didn't take long to choose 7 books and hit the road.

The Big Man was at work so we stopped there to see him. He wasn't finished so I sat in the car to look at my books and T. napped. While we waited it started to pour. It rained so hard it woke T. We waited for it to stop and the Big Man invited us in for lunch! I'm not one to turn that down so we got to eat a nice meal together.

MK may be back Saturday. I know she's having fun but it's definitely not the same without her. She got to ride in a Hummer limo yesterday. Hope she can humble herself to ride in the Durango when she gets home.

Thanks to those who leave comments...so nice to hear from you all!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Ohhhhh.....to pay a $1.80 fine at the library. I should have a wing dedicated in my honor. I take a wicker BASKET to carry our books home in. No lie. We check out about 30 between myself and the 3 kids. It's o.k. though, I will not wear a long jumper, and my hair is not braided.(weak smile)