Sunday, July 03, 2005

Not much going on

The Big Man's parents built a house in our neighborhood and use it as an occasional getaway. They came in yesterday and will be in town for a week. Then they're taking MK home with them for another week. She will love the special attention and getting to spend some time with her cousin. When she gets back, we'll spend one week here, then we're jetting to the First State to visit my family. Then only a week or so and school starts. It just seems too soon. August 4 is still summer!!!! But she doesn't complain when she's out of school in mid-May. Fifth grade and her last year in elementary. I can't even think about it.

MK spent the night with G&P, so we didn't see her until the afternoon. The Big Man was off of work and he and his dad ran some errands. T.Willy was in a rare cranky mood, so he napped early and woke up happy and active. I intended to hit the pool while he napped but turned on the news and was riveted by the rescue of a missing girl in Idaho. Finally I tore myself away from it and did swim until T.Willy woke up. I can't believe how different he is from MK at that age. If I walked into a room, she would follow. He does just the opposite. He can't get out of the room fast enough. He especially loves the bookcase. He pulls books off faster than I can get to him.

G&P came up to our house and the Big Man grilled hamburgers and sausages. We ate inside because the patio furniture was soaked after a torrential afternoon rain, then we waited for the Nascar (can you believe that?) race to start, but it was rain delayed. G&P left and Maddie and I curled up on the sofa with a quilt and talked and watched tv.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments: