Saturday, July 23, 2005

Big Day

I'm happy to report that my dad is alive and well and able to walk and Sha had her baby girl yesterday a.m.

That's the bottom line...here are the details.

We drove up to Williamstown, NJ in the morning. The thing that struck the Big Man and me the most was how LUSH everything is. Since we were in South Jersey, it was easy to understand why it's called the Garden State. At our home the soil is so sandy that lush is a dream...we just hope for green. We arrived at the skydiving place around 9:30. We had some waiting to do but it was a beautiful day. Once we arrived and realized that it looked like a legitimate business and a busy one at that, our fears dissipated. Then we really got into it and were excited. We had a good time waiting but it was hot and T. Willy was getting tired, so we took him, MK and 2 cousins for a drive. He was able to nap for a few minutes and we arrived back at the place in time to see my dad in line to board the plane. Then up he went and maybe 20 minutes later he was back down. It was hard to tell which one was him until he was almost to the ground but it was a lot of fun to watch. Parachutes just seemed to appear out of nowhere. Most importantly, he loved it! He was so excited and really had a great time. Way to go, Granddad!

While we waited I called Sha's husband and found out that the baby had been born around 8:20 a.m. Everything went well. She was 8 lb 13 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. Summer joins her 4 year old big sister and I know they are all happy that she's here.

My high school (which was K - 12 and I actually went there from 4th grade on) is having a reunion today. It was a small school, so they're doing a reunion for all of the classes. That means my brother and sister in law will be attending too. It's at a state park so it will just be a big picnic and MK will have her cousins there to occupy her. It's supposed to be quite warm today so the Big Man has an "out" if T. Willy can't take the heat. He has kindly agreed to go, but he won't know anyone except us, so he's more than welcome to make his appearance and leave.

Then my brother and family are coming over tonight for crabs. My mom, sister in law and I are the only ones who really eat them, and we have fun sitting and picking.

That's it. Have a great day!

2 comments:

L said...

Glad to hear your dad made it safely to the ground. That's awesome that he tried it! Skydiving is one of the to-do's on my life list. ...maybe I can put it off until I'm a grandma :-)

We were sad that you couldn't make it to the reunion :(

melissa said...

Wow! Tell your Dad, that we are SO impressed! Race is impressed too! Way to go! Have a great time at the reunion and eating crabs. We will be at my mom and dads beachhouse on Tuesday, and thats what we will be eating too...(and then we will have some real food, because everyone knows that you can't get full on crabs...you just eat till you're good and hungry!)