Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Twenty years ago today, I also had butterflies

But for a completely different reason. I have a job interview today! If there is such a thing, it's for my dream job(s.) I applied online for a position at MK's high school. It is speech/drama...not my exact field, but closely related in the Language Arts, and something I know I'd enjoy. They called last week to ask me to interview. I was beyond excited! The next morning a job showed up in the system at the same school...this time for a reading teacher! My Master's degree is in Reading Education! It truly is my dream job! They called the same morning and asked me to interview for that. So, today I am going to interview and be considered for one of those jobs. It is truly my dream, because it is right here in town and at MK's school. I am trying so hard to be calm and not get my hopes up, but that is proving quite difficult.

More of my saga...

20 years ago today: I think we met some of the wedding party for breakfast. Before picking up the guys' tuxes, we picked up one of the groomsmen at the airport. He flew in from San Diego just for the Big Man. While we were at the airport, I recognized a hometown hero in the gift shop. It was Tug McGraw...those of you not familiar with him would likely know his son, country singer Tim McGraw. But for those of us who remember the 1980 World Series, we remember Tug as the Phillies' pitcher. However, none of the people with me knew who he was, and for some reason I was too shy to speak to him. If that were today, you can believe I would. Anyway, I didn't talk to him, and to this day, I wish I had.

The rehearsal was fun with a few memorable moments. When I walked down the aisle with my dad for the first time and with the Wedding March playing, I burst into tears. I walked down the aisle crying and people were laughing. On video I was caught saying, "That's it. The tears are over," and I didn't cry at all during the wedding. The flower girl was a little bit older than the ringbearer. She was eager to get down the aisle, but he was a bit hesitant. She was caught on video kind of leading him down the aisle, and she did the same thing during the wedding. I think she is now a mom!!!!

We had the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant in town. I remember a lot of fun and laughing and being with all of the people most important to me. After the dinner, we went back to my parents' house with many of our out of town family members and opened presents from them. After everyone had gone, the Big Man went back to his hotel. He called around midnight to tell me that one of the groomsmen was inspecting his tux and realized his tie and cummerbund were missing. Yikes...the wedding was at 11 the next morning. My mom saved the day by calling a friend who lived near the shop. She was at the shop as soon as they opened and brought us the missing items. Whew. There was also the moment mentioned here.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. It was a long time ago. But it's been fun remembering. I'm trying to take pictures of pictures to share, but I'm not having much success. So, here is a picture that I took this morning. I dropped MK and friends at Band Camp, but she had forgotten something. So I went back home and got it for her. They were already on the practice field when I returned, so I was able to snap a picture of them. I'm pretty sure this is only the Color Guard! MK is in the back row wearing a black tank top and orange shorts.

No comments: