Monday, August 03, 2009

Back in Time

This is the week of our 20th anniversary. So, I've been thinking a lot about what was going on 20 years ago today. We spent the summer apart. The Big Man was in Louisiana, and I was in Delaware. We talked on the phone nearly every day and sent letters and packages (remember: these were the days before cell phones, e-mails and texting.) Finally, on the Tuesday before the BIG DAY, my dad and I drove to Virginia to take all of my earthly goods to our new apartment. The Big Man was there with his family, and it was the first time I'd seen him since May. We spent a few hours together, and then my dad and I drove back to Delaware.

On Thursday, the Big Man and his family drove to Delaware. The Big Man dropped his parents and brother off at their hotel and quickly drove to my house. It wasn't necessarily because he was dying to see me, but Delaware law required you to be in possession of your marriage license for a certain amount of time, I think 24 hours, before the wedding could take place. He picked me up, and we drove to the license bureau, answered questions, and got ready for a couple of busy days!

No comments: