Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's official

From the time that I found out that I was pregnant with T. Willy and did the math regarding his due date, I've known that MK would start high school the same year that he started Kindergarten. That happens tomorrow.

I can't describe how I feel tonight. Emotional, sure...but not weepy, "I wish they were still babies" emotional. I'm thrilled that they have made it this far. T. Willy is so ready for Kindergarten. He reads and does math. Academically, I know he'll do fine. We don't have too many kids his age around us, so I'm eager for him to make new friends. His teacher is great; we are thrilled to have her. It's just one of life's milestones. It makes you stop and think.

MK is having another milestone: high school. This is it. Four years from now, we'll likely be taking her to college. Four short years. But for now, we'll continue to enjoy her. She makes us proud in so many ways. We are blessed.

Tomorrow is a milestone for me too: my first day teaching at MK's high school. I won't have her in class, but it's very comforting to know that we'll be in the same place.

The Big Man will be here in the morning to put T. Willy on the school bus for the first time. Please pray that it goes smoothly. Our neighbor's daughter is in 2nd grade, and she said that she will sit with him on the bus. I know the Big Man is dreading it, because he's afraid T. is going to cry. But he seems excited about it, so I'm very hopeful that he'll get right on with a smile on his face. I've asked him to take lots of pictures, and I'll post all that I can.

T. Willy and I went to the library yesterday. We picked out a special book to read tonight: Curious George and the First Day of School. MK read it to him, and I sat and listened and was able to snap a picture of it too.

2 comments:

Darlene Jones said...

love this blog tonight!!! how sweet to see maddie read to her lil brother!!
so excited for you too...have a great day tomorrow...i'm sure cj will have the biggest grin walking into 4th period :-)
call me tomorrow night!!!

Anonymous said...

I just lovew your blog, it's very nice, may God bless you........

Nicole

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step