Thursday, August 20, 2009

One more day

Today was "Bulldog Camp" for MK. I was able to see her a couple of times throughout the day. She was so happy to see friends that she hasn't seen all summer, and overall, she had a really good time. The Big Man did stop by, but we just saw him for a few minutes. He was able to see my room and didn't think the purple was bad.

The Big Man and I were able to meet T. Willy's teacher tonight. She is exactly what we would hope for in a Kindergarten teacher. I think T. Willy is going to love her. He will get a chance to meet her tomorrow with the Big Man. I'll be at my own open house, so I'll miss it, but I know they'll have a great time. I'm eager to hear what he thinks about it. MK went to his school from 2nd grade on, and we always loved it.

Today I got quite a shock at school. As a rookie teacher, I knew I might get some of the not so desirable assignments...was I ever right! Another teacher and I have been asked to be student council advisors! This means that we are in charge of the Homecoming parade and dance. In this town, the Homecoming parade is a BIG deal...which means this is a lot of pressure. However, this used to be a one person job, and now it's divided between two of us. I had a study hall to oversee, and they've changed it to student council, so that should give us some extra time to plan. Plus, Homecoming is in November this year: unusually late. The former teacher has offered a lot of help, so I'm optimistic!

Today's pictures are of T. Willy's hands. He used to watch "Oobi" when he was a toddler. He loved that show, and we were all tired of it. But he has recently discovered it again. If you've seen this show, it's simply hands with plastic eyeballs talking. So, T. was playing Oobi, and I was able to get some shots of it.


No comments: