Monday, August 17, 2009

What a day!

It was a great day! Things fell into place very easily. People were friendlier and more helpful than I could have asked them to be. My room still needs a lot of work, but I'm ready to get back in there and finish it. I have learned a lot already, but I still have so much more to learn about the school and what's expected of me. I have to make a trip to the personnel office tomorrow to fill out the official paperwork. Thanks to all of you who sent me good wishes and prayed for a great day!

Tropical Storm Claudette came through this morning. We had a good bit of rain, but as far as I know, nothing serious. I was on the road at 6:15, and it was raining, but I didn't notice any big winds. We're thankful it wasn't anything more.

We went shopping after work. MK has her school supplies now, and I was able to get some things for my room. We also stocked up on staples for school lunches. Then we went out to dinner. It was a lot of fun. I really am going to cook again one day, but the Big Man wanted to take us out to celebrate my first day, and I really appreciated that!

Now it's 8:00, and I'm exhausted. That's a sign that I'm working. I'm usually just getting started at 8:00. It feels so good to be working, and I'm so thrilled to be at my dream school. I'll leave you with a picture of my room as it was when I first walked in. The walls are lavender! The window blinds are purple, and a big closet door is darker purple. I'd like to paint, but for now I'm just going to concentrate on cleaning and getting organized. The classroom isn't huge, but that's okay, because the classes that I'll teach are generally small so that the students can get more individual attention.

No comments: