Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Like the Beatles said on Sgt. Pepper....

It was 20 years ago today.

Okay, I think I've exhausted the theme. But 20 years does feel like a big deal. It's more than half my life. However, before I pat myself on the back, I am humbled by this. Their daughter works with the Big Man, and since we share our anniversaries, we are always reminded that they had a 45 year head start on us.

We looked at photos last night and laughed and laughed. Then I showed the pictures to MK, and she laughed. Then we showed them to T. Willy, and he didn't recognize a single person. Once we told him who the people were, he seemed to know, but he couldn't come up with a single name on his own.

So, I'll leave you for now with a picture of us exactly 20 years ago. I may have posted it before, but I have very few available to the computer. If I can make myself get up and get changed, I might post one of us from today. We are planning to go to dinner and a movie. We couldn't decide, so he is choosing the movie, and I'm picking the restaurant.

No comments: