Tuesday, August 05, 2008

19

So today is our 19th wedding anniversary...a day to ask the question I ask every year at this time...what were our parents thinking? This year I am asking the question more, because I have a teenager now, and I was a teenager when we were married. Here is a picture of 19 year old me, and the 20 year old Big Man. Bear with the picture, because we were married in the long ago dark ages known as "pre digital."



If you could see the rest of my dress, you would be certain that we were married in the 80's, although I think my sky high bangs prove it. And it wasn't taken so long ago that the picture was actually sepia, that was just an effect for the frame it was in. I found more that I wanted to post, because apparently little embarrasses me, but they are in an album and I couldn't get any of the pictures to come out clearly.

We don't usually go all out for events like this, but I have been told to dress up tonight. I have no idea what that means, but I can't wait to find out. I have also been told that there are "reservations" involved, and MK is babysitting, so I am quite curious. Maybe she will take a picture before we leave.

Have a great day and please post some old pictures of yourself so I won't feel all alone!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! Yay for 19 years!
You look so beautiful...

(the puffy sleeves give it away too :)) oh how I love the 80's!

Have a fun time tonight! I can't wait to hear about it!