Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life is full of disappointments

So the day did not turn out quite as I thought it was going to. We made it to the hospital and checked in easily. One of the nurses even commented on how smoothly it was going. I went into the operating room and remember talking to the nurses and doctor. The next thing I remembered was a nurse at the foot of my bed asking how I was feeling. Then the Big Man appeared by my bed and asked if I would remember the conversation. And I do. It went like this, "They couldn't do it." I actually thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. They were able to do a small procedure that may give me some temporary relief. But the other results were likely to have been PERMANENT. Oh well. Due to a condition they couldn't foresee, that is the way it turned out. I have an appointment with the doctor next week to discuss further options.

However, the bright sides are many. It isn't as though they found something serious. I was pampered all day and received many well wishes from family and friends. MK took excellent care of T. Willy and he brought me a cup of water by himself to make me feel better. The Big Man was very attentive. What more could I ask for?

So that's it. I hope you had a wonderful day with no disappointments!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

oh goodness. So sorry!

I hope your other options work out in your favor!

P.S. you need to email me your address because I have something for MK and T. Willy :)