Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm up late...may as well post.

I am planning to get up early, but could not sleep, so I came out to the computer to job search. There is nothing on the horizon, so right now it looks like I will be subbing. I am very hopeful that it takes off and I get plenty to do, because it would really be ideal.

School starts Monday. MK has been looking so forward to it, but has few classes with any close friends, so she is a little bit discouraged. I'm sure it won't last. She really likes school, and has been kind of bored this summer, so she is very eager to go. T. Willy is less eager. He has developed a shyness that he did not have last year. I am hoping it is only because he has not been around many kids his age since school ended. He even saw his buddy, Dylan, today and wouldn't talk to him.

A sudden burst of needing change hit me this week. I have rearranged furniture in Ty's room and the living room, changed curtains, bought curtains (which aren't hung yet,) and done some decorating changes. When everything is hung and cleaned up, I will try to post pictures. MK's room is my biggest challenge. It is the last room that needs to be painted, but has high ceilings and many angles, so I have put it off, although I bought the paint long ago. Perhaps posting about it will spur me on, because now I may have to be accountable for it. With the kids in school, I really have no excuse of a four year old running around wanting to "help."

We have also been watching the Olympics...a lot.

T. Willy and I went to the snowball stand recently, and he took pictures, so I thought I would post them. He had so much fun doing it, and we had fun just hanging in the heat and cooling off with icy treats. The first is me and my snowball. The second is a picture of a truck that he found fascinating. Go figure.



















Then, for the grandparents, here are pictures of the ill-fated soccer camp adventure.

T. Willy and our neighbor...shouldn't the look on his face have told me something?





















I think this pose says, nope, not gonna do it.



















And if you look where the 40 yard line should be, you can see me in a green shirt trying to tell him that if he would just try it, he might have fun. But he had already made up his mind.


So that's what we've been doing. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Substitute teaching sounds great. I hope it all works out.

I remember being MK's age and being anxious to get back to school after summer.
All little kids go through some sort of phase. T. Willy will be fine! Such a sweet boy.

I love the pictures! The soccer picture caption made me laugh!