Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ramblin'

On Saturday I attended the wedding of one of my former students. I would say that it makes me feel old, but she was only in high school 2 years ago and there are plenty of other things in life to make me feel old. Best wishes to the G's!

MK spent Saturday night with a friend so the Big Man and I rented movies to watch after T. Willy went to bed. It was so fun. We watched them in our newly painted media room. Watching movies has always been one of our favorite things to do together but, with kids and scheduling, we rarely have a chance anymore. So we had a great time. He was home all weekend, so that was really nice. Some of these things have us thinking about some changes in the future. It would be really nice to have more weekends together, especially when I go back to work. When I was home with MK, I dreaded the idea of going back to work. But since I am more focused on what I want to do, I don't mind it so much this time. It's still a bit down the road but it's exciting to see where the Lord will lead.

I am taking 2 classes this semester and they are both on campus. One only meets every other week and the off week is online, so that's not terrible. Both profs seem good but one is really interesting. I think she'll be tough but her class is definitely going to be fun. She gave us each bags that have pockets on the outside for photos. Our assignment this week is to fill the pockets with things about us and then pack the inside too. She had pictures of her kids and a wrapper from her favorite candy then books that were meaningful to her. Pictures won't be hard but I am really trying to put a lot of thought into the books. For certain I'll have "To Kill a Mockingbird" and my big dog-eared Road Atlas. Other than that, I'm stumped. I could put some of the books I borrowed from the library last week, among them "Southern Gardening" and "War Letters". I'll keep looking. We had to fill out a "get to know you" form last week. One of the items was to tell something interesting about myself, I guess a paper version of a Meme. Evidently I was in a goofy mood because I wrote down my "stupid human trick." I can say the names of everyone from my 9th grade Science class. I used to take attendance in the class and realized halfway through the year that I had memorized it. And I still remember it. I am not sure that was the answer she was seeking but it is something odd, er, interesting about me. My dad learned all the counties in WV when he was a child and can still rattle them off, so I guess that's where I get it. I too can say the names of all the counties from my home state, but it's Delaware and there are only 3, so it's much less impressive.

Have a great day!

No comments: