Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Home projects

I was inspired during the holidays to spruce up the house a little bit. So now we have a "media room." The Big Man and MK drove over to New Orleans and picked up a tv that the Big Man's dad was getting rid of. I did a faux finish and am pretty pleased with it. Of course, every time I look at it, I am critical, but not enough to change anything. We bought ourselves chairs for Christmas so it's coming along pretty well.


















I also painted the guest bathroom. I was inspired by a decorating show...this is not the Anniesue of old. MK is unhappy that I took out the fish motif so I'm going to work on a way to compromise. Here are some before and after pictures.


2 comments:

melissa said...

wait,wait. Am I on the wrong blog? Just kidding. the remodel looks AWESOME! I love the new color! It looks fresh and cool. (Nice paint job. Are you for hire?)

Anniesue said...

I am not for hire...I am briefly taking a break from painting the hallway...9 foot ceilings...beautiful but ugh!!! Then I have plans to do the living room, different hallway and kitchen. Not tonight of course. I just have to paint at night when T. Willy is in bed. After that MK's room which is the biggest bedroom in the house...more 9 foot ceilings. So I'm hired out to myself for awhile and after that I'll be getting therapy for my developing arthritis. I'd better get back to it.