Saturday, January 28, 2006

About the folks

My parents spent the last 3 or so weeks in central FL. If you know my parents, you'd know how well suited they are for each other. I'm not sure they've ever taken a formal inventory, but it's evident that they share the same spiritual gift: service. They both have servants' hearts and are very willing to DO for others. They spent these last days helping to build a church. My dad actually did the work, because my mom isn't much of a roofer, but they were both there serving and spending time with the people of the church. It's the second time they've taken a trip like this and I'm sure there are more in the future. They had wonderful things to say about the people and lots of fun stories about their adventures. They were even able to do a little sightseeing and enjoyed seeing West Palm and Tampa. And, even though we're a little out of the way, they've stopped here for a few days. MK warms up instantly. As soon as we exchanged greetings, she wanted my mom to sit at the kitchen table for some girl talk and an art lesson. (MK was the teacher.) I wasn't much of a student but my mom had fun. My dad played basketball outside with T. Willy and we all waited for the Big Man to come home from work. T. Willy took a little while to warm up, but he was freely passing out good night kisses at bedtime. They are staying at my in-law's home around the corner and MK went down there with them for the night. I know they were exhausted but she's able to amuse herself with toys we don't have here, so they can sleep while our night owl keeps busy.

Tomorrow we'll go to church and then spend the afternoon together. No big plans. I've enjoyed the tickers on some of the blogs that I read that count down the days till new babies are expected. It's time for me to add a ticker. Pause. No, not a baby...one for the Super Bowl!!! The Big Man's beloved Steelers are in it and we couldn't be more excited. I hope they fare better than the Eagles did last year. He ordered Terrible Towels for the whole family and T. Willy has been dressed in black and gold several days this week.

So, that's what's new. What's new with you???

1 comment:

melissa said...

Enjoy your folks! Tell them I said, "Hi".
Ahem....a picture of T willy dressed in his Steelers outfit? I KNOW that's gotta be cute!