Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I hope I've posted enough so that MelissaofVA doesn't drop me from her sidebar

MK, T.Willy and I flew to Delaware on the 26th. The next time I write that I am going to fly without the Big Man, please remind me of this trip. T wasn't really bad...but on TWO flights, we were settled in, he was happy and ready to fly, and the flight attendant came by and told us that because we were (on one flight) in front of the emergency exit and (on the second flight) behind the emergency exit, we had to move. Of course, T was not happy after he had to get out of his carseat and move, especially not the first time because it was halfway into the flight. He was ticketed and both times I had to go to the desk at the gate to get our seats together. After moving he pretty much cried for the remainder of both flights. We got glaring looks from people and that was worse, because I knew it could have been avoided. He was fine until they moved us. Fortunately, he did okay on the flights between our home and Atlanta...unfortunately, the Atlanta/Philly flights are longer. Sigh. But we made it to DE and had a wonderful, wonderful trip. We spent time with family and friends. Noelle even made it over for lunch one day and brought her mom and Ava. Thanks so much to my mom and dad for this most appreciated Christmas present.

The highlight of the trip was our visit to Blue Mountain. (http://www.skibluemt.com/tubing/) My wonderful brother took us snowtubing. It was what I dreamed about when we would sled as a child. A lift takes you back up and then you just ride down again. When you get to the top of the lift, you have to "roll out" of the tube. What a sight that was until I finally learned to sit on the edge and just step off. So I am going to try to include a few pictures of that. The first is a view from the bottom of the hill. The second is MK and two nephews riding down and the last is MK and my niece and older nephew while we were riding up.
Since it didn't snow while we were there, I was so happy that MK got to see and play in snow.



2 comments:

melissa said...

Ahhhh...yes, I TOO had the dream of the magical ski lift that takes you back to the top of the hill after you have ridden down!

Looks like everyone had a blast!

Glad that you got to go home for the holidays.SOunds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Sounds like your Christmas was blessed and adventurous.

Love the photos.

Lynette