Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Greece is the word

I have been taking a class for two weeks working toward my ELL (English language learner's) certification. It ends tomorrow. I've really enjoyed it; I just wish it could have been done when our summer wasn't so short. We've had a lot of fun projects to do, so they didn't really seem like work. My final project was a PowerPoint presentation about another culture.

We lived in Australia when I was very young. I'm pretty sure that, when given a choice, I did every geography project in my life about Australia. Of course...it really has a special meaning for our family. This project was no different...at first. I even did a few slides about it. But I didn't save them correctly, so I was going to have to start over. It was then that I decided to try something else.

We studied Homer's "Odyssey" in my classes last year, and I really fell in love with Greece. So that's what I chose. I learned a lot about it, and it's now on my list of places to go one day...not a bucket list, because I don't want something to do and then die...I just want to find more to do!!! So, Greece is on the list.

No comments: