Monday, September 21, 2009

This is not a joke.

Although I may dream of living in the country, I am a suburban
girl...one might even say city girl. So, I'm getting quite an
education in one of my classes. It's filled with self-proclaimed
country boys.

We were doing a unit on "life skills." There was a segment about
budgets, and we talked about ways to save money when money is tight.
One of the guys said that's when a girl is glad to be with a country
boy, because he could run out and shoot something for dinner.

The conversation then turned to a recent hunting excursion that he'd
had. He was hunting RACCOON...to eat!!! The skin on this city girl
was crawling. But it isn't over! Because he then informed us that,
and I quote, "Coon tastes a lot like CAT!"

By then I couldn't have been more disturbed, so I had to ask the
question, "How do you know what cat tastes like?" And he said that
he'd tried it...and so had another student!!! Oh my. He also said
that it's a white meat!

So I'm really hoping that the economy takes a serious upturn, because
I do not want to have to ask my students to do my grocery shopping for
me.

1 comment:

Darlene Jones said...

yuck!! hope this was not in cj's class!! she likes to go hunting with her daddy but not for coon's or cats!!!!!!
oh my....i could just see her face now if she heard them talking...LOL