Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm usually good at this

T. Willy has a neat toy that we've had a lot of fun with. You pump it
up and then press a button to launch a foam rocket, and if you pump it
enough, it really flies.

He brought it out tonight, and it was starting out well. Then he
started having trouble, so MK gave it a try. She really pumped it,
and it went high! We watched for it to land, but we didn't see it. So
we looked around the backyard, then we looked around the front yard,
but we still couldn't find it. Finally we sent T. up to the
clubhouse, and we found the rocket in a tree.

It was pretty high up, but I wasn't concerned. I'm usually the "go to"
person when it comes to getting things out of trees.

Not today.

After getting two things stuck and not recovering the rocket, I
decided to get the biggest ball that we had. I gave it a mighty kick
(great visual, I'm sure) and it went high enough...unfortunately it
went in the wrong tree and is now stuck. So, the rocket is still up
there, albeit in another tree, as well as two other toys and the big
ball. Better luck next time!

No comments: