Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An errand kind of day

Whew...today was a runaround day. Since I am one of the student council advisors, I have been given a duty period. That means that I have an entire class period to do Student Council business. My biggest job is going to be Homecoming. I am in charge of the Homecoming Parade and the Homecoming Dance. So this week I have really been running around. Homecoming isn't until mid-November, but there is a great deal to do before then. I was able to leave school today to run around town. I went to several different places, and I'm finding that I'm really enjoying it. I have made a lot of contacts and am having fun meeting new people.

I've also discovered another thing to love about our little town. I had to go to the mayor's office to get a parade permit. In a big city, that may require an appointment, and would only happen if I happened to be "somebody." In our little town, I walked right into his secretary's office, completed my business, and gave the mayor a wave as I walked out the door. Small town...and I love it.

Then after work, I came home and more errands to run. This would usually be something that I'd do on my own, but the Big Man volunteered to come with me. Then the kids decided to come with us! It has been a very rare thing lately for the four of us to be in a car at the same time. We ran our errands and then weren't quite ready to go home. So we decided on an early dinner. We had a fun dinner and did a little bit of shopping afterwards. Then we all stopped by the Big Man's parents' house to check on it and collect the newspaper that gets left there each week. Whew...it was quite a night.

Then...here's the big news of the day. T. Willy went back to school today. The Big Man had the day off and received a call from T. Willy's doctor. T. Willy tested positive for H1N1! True Story! But he's not running a fever, and his symptoms are gone. We're guessing MK may have had it too, but she wasn't tested for it, probably because she hadn't been running a fever. We're hoping that will help him/them build their immunities and not get it again.

Now...tonight's picture is of MK and the Big Man trying out a chair called the "Cuddler." It is a recliner large enough for two, and MK happily volunteered to cozy up to her dad for the picture.

No comments: