Friday, December 30, 2011

Whew!

We had a very full and fun day. Oh my goodness.

We toured Los Angeles, saw the La Brea Tar Pits, lots of landmarks, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Grauman's Chinese Theater, Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills, then we ate at the Farmer's Market. I ate at "Chipotle" which is a place I'd wanted to try for a long time.

After lunch, we went to the Santa Monica Pier. I'm chaperoning, so the kids I am chaperoning stayed with me much of the time, and it was a lot of fun. It was really cold and foggy, but we still made the best of it. We walked to the water and put our feet in the icy cold water, and then we went to the pier and rode the Ferris Wheel. It actually reminded me a lot of Atlantic City, NJ. They had some free time to walk around, and I was able to pick up a couple of souvenirs.

We are now on the bus on our way back to the hotel. We are supposed to freshen up, then we're headed back out for a dinner cruise. We are packing a lot into a little bit of time, but we're making great memories!

Tomorrow is Bandfest. We are to perform at 10:30. It will be broadcast on the Internet -http://tournamentofroses.com/bandfest-webcast - just remember 10:30 is PST.

Wow. I think I'll rest for a little while. Pictures!

No comments: