Friday, December 30, 2011

First name - Annette. Middle name - Adventure.

What a fun day!!! We spent the entire day at Knott's Berry Farm. I kept up with 3 other moms/chaperones, and we really had a great time. We didn't ride too many thrill rides, but we had a lot of laughs.

Now is when you get to find out what a crazy person I am.

First a confession: some people like music. They spend money on it and are quite devoted. For awhile, I thought I should be that way, and I'm not. I was almost apologetic for it. The beauty of age is when you realize you are who you are, and you are okay with it. So, music is not my vice/passion/distraction... It's television. There, I said it. It's out in the open. I can breathe again.

I really do like to watch television. I commented to a friend tonight that I can't believe I don't know what is happening in the news right now, because I watch Headline News every morning as I got ready for work, and I haven't seen it since we arrived. (Sure, that was yesterday, but news travels fast.) It is refreshing.

I digress.

So, amongst all of the different things I watch, Food Network is my newest fixation. I enjoy watching them go places and trying foods from all over the country.

One of those foods is "In-n-Out Burger." I've been fascinated with it for a few years and even had it in my theoretical bucket list. I wanted to try it.

Today I marked it off my list. With the permission of the band director, three other chaperones and I got a cab tonight and we went to In-n-Out burger tonight. What fun!!! This is something I would do with the Big Man and not think twice, but it was an adventure to do it without him. He suggested the cab, and that made it so easy!!!

So, I'll go mark it off my bucket list, and you may see pictures of our evening. I talked to everyone and learned a lot about our cab driver. I even had my picture taken with him, although it is a bit dark. He hesitated when I asked, so I said that it was okay - I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. He explained that his hesitation was just because in 12 years of driving a cab, no one had ever asked to take a picture with him. I couldn't tell if he thought that was good or bad.

Tomorrow is the day I'm really excited about...Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, L.A. Farmer's Market, the Santa Monica Pier and more!!

No comments: