Sunday, December 04, 2011

Still busy

We aren't slowing down a bit. I am a homebody at heart. I love to stay home and be with my family. There just hasn't been time for that lately - maybe in January.

Yesterday was closing for the fall play. It continued to improve with each show, but it was always a lot of fun! The audience participation was my favorite part, next to the character "Holly Holgrave." MK enjoyed it and did really well, but I know she's glad for a break.

Last night was our town's Christmas parade. MK marched with the band and became a bit sentimental when I mentioned that it was the next to last one she'll be in. We calculated that she's been in one every year since probably second grade. I can't believe it's almost over. T. Willy rode on a float with the Cub Scouts, and I walked with it. We pretty much have the parades down to a science. The Big Man is our meeting point, and he stands around the same place each year at the end of the parade. MK finds him once she finishes, and then as soon as we get near, I pull T. Willy off the float, and we watch the rest and leave. We park conveniently at the end of the parade, and we have little trouble getting out. It is our low stress solution to a situation that used to cause stress due to traffic and getting the kids where they need to be. After we left, the kids and the Big Man went home, and I joined some friends for dinner at the Big Man's restaurant. MK was exhausted, and she was already asleep when I got home.

Today we are getting our Christmas tree after church. We plan to spend the rest of the day decorating and just enjoying the quiet. I hope it goes as smoothly as the parade did.

No comments: