Saturday, December 24, 2011

Notes to self part 2

Merry Christmas!!! Here are the things we did to celebrate Christmas Eve. We kept up with our regular traditions and started a new one.

The Big Man worked today, but the kids and I stayed busy. We baked and cleaned and made things ready. The the Big Man came home, and we all went to church.

Christmas Eve services are my favorite of the year. Tonight did not disappoint. They did something that other churches probably do, but I hadn't seen before. When they passed out candles for the candlelight service, they offered the kids glow sticks. Of course we aren't eager for T. Willy to hold fire yet, so it was a great way for him to feel involved.

After church, we drove around to look at Christmas lights. If you know us, you'll know that we do this each year. Then we came home, and I finished making our dinner of finger foods. I think I overdid it a little this year, but we won't waste our leftovers.

The kids open one gift on Christmas Eve, and this year I chose something for them to open together. I can't remember why, but we learned and sang the "Dreidel" song recently. I found a set of dreidels, and the kids opened that tonight. We played our version of it using chocolate covered pretzels to trade, and we had a ball. I really hope it's going to become a tradition.

Now the kids are in bed, and the Big Man is asleep, and I'm on my way. I'm trying to remember to relax and just enjoy tomorrow. On Monday, MK and I will be packing for our trip to California, so I need a little bit of rest before we go!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: