Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy birthday to me!



















What a great day!

Birmingham was wonderful! We had a great time, and it went too fast! Then we came home today, and we had a wonderful time too. My parents made one of my favorite childhood dinners and bought me my favorite cake! And, the presents...wow...I hit the jackpot! Here are a few:

This was from my parents...a huge surprise! I have wanted one of these for YEARS! Thank you so much!!!

















I had a nice crockpot, but it was small. Now I have a super deluxe model that I cannot wait to use! This was from the Big Man.

















The Big Man also gave me a cast iron Dutch oven. I've also wanted one for a long time. Life has been so hectic with my new job...it is definitely time to start cooking for the family more often...or at all.



















I'm already hoarse from playing this. I have been a Beatles fan since I was a teenager..what a great gift!






















And a pink Eagles watch from my in-laws!!! They also gave me some money, and I have something all picked out. It's something I've wanted for years too...and I'm finally going to get it. Pictures to follow when I go shopping.


















One gift I can't show you yet should be here before long. It's the Pioneer Woman's cookbook. I can't show it to you because it hasn't been released yet. It will be on Tuesday, and I will show it to you as soon as it arrives!!!

I was spoiled and am truly blessed! Thanks to all of you for the wonderful wishes! Forty has started out really well!!

2 comments:

Melissa Gephart said...

Great loot! Glad you had a nice birthday!

Anonymous said...

Awesome gifts!! I got the stand mixer last year from my dad and I love it..just used it yesterday to make cookies :) I can't wait to see what you are getting w/ the $$!!!