Saturday, October 24, 2009

Counting down

So...I turn 40 tomorrow.

It is a milestone event, and I'm absolutely okay with it. I even
embrace it. I love my life, and any changes I'd like to make are
totally mine to make. I am blessed.

The Big Man brought me to Birmingham to celebrate. It was a beautiful
fall day for a drive. We had sushi for lunch then shopped for
awhile. We came back to the hotel to rest (interpret this as
nap...after all, we are getting old and want to stay up late) and the
best part is next. We're going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
I am looking forward to my favorite meal: the only thing I ever get:
Thai Lettuce Wraps and Key Lime cheesecake. If we had one closer, I
might get something different, but we don't, so I get the same thing
every time.

So, I will enjoy the last hours of my 30s and look forward to what the
40s have to offer.

2 comments:

Darlene Jones said...

30 more minutes in your 30's!!!!! enjoy every minute of it...LOL.....HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No pictures of the sushi??!! What did you get?