Saturday, October 31, 2009

Goodbye, October

October was a great month! And now, MK reminded me, the holidays can begin!!

We went to sleep last night with rain, and we woke up this morning to rain. Thankfully it stopped in time for trick-or-treating, and it also brought in some lower temperatures. T. Willy was a fireman this year. His costume was great; it was warm enough, and it was reflective. He and I went door-to-door while MK and the Big Man stayed home to pass out candy. Then when T. and I got home, MK took him out to a few more houses, and I was able to pass out candy. It worked for everyone.



















I had the bright idea to get a pumpkin for carving. Unfortunately, I had the idea yesterday, and there were no pumpkins to be found. T. Willy had gotten a tiny one at the pumpkin patch, so we used that. It's a mini jack-o-lantern, but we were able to make some memories.























Finally, I tried a recipe for pot roast from THE cookbook. It turned out really well, and it is going to be tried again. I was also able to use my new Dutch oven. I even used my new mixer to make mashed potatoes. What a great day!

Before and After.

No comments: