Saturday, October 01, 2005

Field trip and a movie

The field trip was fun and short. I was put in charge of a group of 5 girls and they were all sweet and well behaved. We went to Pensacola NAS (do you remember a show in the 90's with that title?) and, as soon as we arrived, went right into the IMAX theater. We saw a cool movie about fighter pilots and then had just 45 minutes to look around the museum and shop in the gift shop. Then we ate lunch and left. In lieu of riding on the non-air-conditioned school bus, I rode with another mom. She was a lot of fun and we had a lot in common so it was most enjoyable. Quite refreshing, actually, because I have been to several field trips now and am realizing that a lot of these moms still think they're in high school. It's "cliquey"- are you kidding me? We're a bunch of adults there for the kids and they act like they can only speak to the "cool" parents. I've never been the "cool" anything, but I have been known to be friendly and I can't say that about some of these parents. So I was quite surprised and delighted when this mom suggested riding together.

Last night we had some family time. We picked up pizza and then came home and finally watched, "Finding Neverland." We've had it here forever and just never got around to watching it. We loved it.

Hoping next weekend for a little getaway. MK has no school on Friday and my prof. cancelled our Thursday night class and somehow the Big Man has a 3 day weekend. Our plan is to leave Thurs. pm and drive to Stone Mountain, GA. Has anyone been there? I am sooo dying to feel weather just a little cooler and hope I am not disappointed.

Melissa asked about my class. I am really enjoying the face to face class. (Understand why I was never "cool?") And learning a lot. The online class is not so great. I'm learning a lot in it, but the prof. is less than involved. We'll see how it turns out.

So, there's that. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Hi,
I found your blog through Melissa and I just wanted to say that Stone Mountain is awesome. We went there 3 years ago and loved it. It is truly amazing. I hope you enjoy it.
Bridget

Anniesue said...

Bridget, thanks for your input. It looks great online but I haven't really talked to anyone who has been there. I'll let you know how it goes. Nice to hear from you!

L said...

Glad you had a nice time on the field trip. It's always nice when you don't HAVE to ride the bus and an extra bonus with someone to talk to.

Know what you mean about the clique thing with moms. I majorly encountered that when my kids went to a preschool in Hockessin, fortunately at NCCA it doesn't seem that way.

Don't deny your coolness ;)

Have a wonderful trip!

Thom said...

Oh, for gosh sakes!
Cliquey MOMS??? That's just SAD! Some people just never grow up, I guess.

I was wondering how the school was going for you. Glad to hear it's at least partly enjoyable.

Hope you have a great trip!