Monday, September 26, 2005

Wish I had something to post about

Today was a beautiful day...it poured for hours!!! It was dreary and we were very thankful for it. Who knew you could get tired of sunny days on end? It looked like it was 50 degrees outside so I made homemade vegetable soup, simmered it in the crock pot all day and curled up with a blanket during T. Willie's nap while listening to the drone of the washer and dryer. Of course, it was in the 70's, but I used my imagination. The Big Man was home and it was a really nice day. MK had a project due, so I walked her into school in the pouring rain with a trash bag wrapped around it. She made a diorama of a Mayan village and used sugar cubes painted grey for a pyramid. I really didn't want them to melt and they didn't.

Tomorrow I am going on a field trip to the Pensacola Naval Air Station with MK's class. I've been before but MK hasn't. I've known about it for weeks and with the Big Man's family here, kind of took it for granted that they would be here to watch T. Willie. Well, the last of them just left on Saturday and the Big Man works tomorrow. I nearly had to back out, but my friend, Mary, came through for me. He will join her 4 boys for the day. We'll see how he does. I'm hoping he'll be his normal, pleasant self, but you never know.

The New Orleans crew is home now. They are dealing with their damage and even some new things from Rita. But they're safe and living in their own homes. We are really praying that we don't see anymore hurricanes this year.

So, I'll try not to let so much time go by before updating again. It's just been kind of quiet around here.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hey, great to hear you again! You were missed!
I just looked at my comment below, and realized that i made a huge breach in blogger ettiquet. I never commented on the sign! I DO love it! It looks great! (Sorry to sound so rude, below...)
How is your class going?
And you've gotta post about the field trip...I KNOW that with a class full of kids...there's gonna be some interesting stuff...Have a great time!