Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Field Trips 1 and 2

Today T. Willy took a field trip to see the play "Click, Clack, Moo." He really enjoyed it, and after the trip, his class was able to go outside and watch the 3rd grade Field Day. T. Willy's is Friday, and his birthday is Saturday. We are planning a splash party in the backyard, so it should be a really fun weekend.

I am taking my classes on a field trip tomorrow of sorts. There is a McDonald's within walking distance of our school. One class in particular has often suggested we just take off and walk there. Ummmm...no...but it did give me some inspiration. When we prepare lesson plans, we align them with state standards. As I was preparing lessons a couple of weeks ago, I found a standard that dealt with workplace documents. So I approached the principal with a plan...and he approved it! We worked on properly filling out job applications and paying attention to the details on them as well as writing good sentences for them. The students seemed to enjoy it, and some of them are looking forward to the field trip.

But, can you believe some of them are complaining about it? "You mean we aren't going in a bus?!?!?!" "You aren't paying?!?!?!?!" These are the same students who complain about being in class; I get them out of class, and it doesn't change. Oh well. I'll enjoy the walk, and I'll enjoy the trip. I will go 3 times tomorrow and then once on Thursday. I'm hoping it is a positive experience for all!

No comments: