Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring Break

We are midway into our Spring Break. We haven't done a whole lot, but it's nice to have the break from school. MK had a friend spend the night last night. They stayed up late and made pancakes for breakfast...pretty much the way a sleepover should be.

Last night we met the wife of one of the Big Man's coworkers. They have lived here for a few months, but haven't met a lot of people. They have a little boy T. Willy's age, and the boys got along famously. We met at our local Burger King..neutral ground with an indoor playground. It was a nice change. I don't have a lot of "girl" friends. The Big Man's schedule makes it difficult to coordinate things, and my schedule this semester hasn't helped. We used to have a core group of friends, but they have all moved away, and we have just been too lazy to meet anyone else. She was great and easy to talk to, so we'll see what develops.

Our plans for next year are still up in the air. I have applied with our county, but I really don't know if anything will happen there, so I am looking into some other things. Florida offers VPK (voluntary pre kindergarten) so we are going on Monday to register T. It is available to all 4 year olds and takes place in the schools, however, I don't think it is offered at the school where T. will actually go for elementary. I guess we'll just have to find out on Monday.

So, that's what is happening for us. I hope you are enjoying your spring!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

Sometimes the best spring breaks are the one that you can do a whole lot of nothing... no days and times to be places. It's an actual break!!

It's fun meeting new people and making friends. I'm glad you had a nice time. I think most of my friends have been met because of my kids... thank goodness for kids. :)

melissa said...

Enjoy the rest of your break!

I find it hard to meet new people, now. Race's job really makes it difficult. It can seem really isolating.(Doesn't it seem like your kids choose your friends sometimes?) So good for you finding someone to hang out with once in awhile!

Hope everything works out soon for T Willy. I know that things like that really nag at me until they are settled.