Saturday, April 12, 2008

I dream perchance to sleep

Saturday. I look forward to Saturday all week. Saturday brings the promise of sleep. During the week I stay up too late and get up too early, and I sacrifice a lot of sleep. But Saturday...that is the day that we have no morning obligations. On Friday nights we keep T. Willy up a little late, so that he will sleep in. That is what we did last night, and it worked. T. Willy slept until 8:30 this morning. I, however, was up and ready to go at 6:16. This is later than I usually sleep, but I really wanted to lounge in bed. I got up, checked email and started thinking.

I had been hoping to be hired by the county school district for the next school year. That is becoming very unlikely. They are starting layoffs right now; there is little chance that they will need me. So I started thinking about what else I might be able to do. Hence, my early morning was not wasted. I filled out job applications and transcript request forms, and we'll just have to wait to see if anything comes of it.

Last night the Big Man watched hockey, and the kids were occupied, so I went shopping all alone. It wasn't for long, but it was nice to just get away for something fun. I was debating between 2 dresses. They were similar, and I was leaning toward one, then I looked at the price tags...I chose the one I wasn't leaning toward, because it was marked down to $6.99. I couldn't believe my eyes. I took it to the clerk and asked if I was reading it right. She couldn't believe it either, but said it was correct. I reached in my pocket and paid cash for it. I cannot tell you when, if ever, that has ever happened. I am just hoping there isn't some enormous flaw in it, and that it won't completely fall apart when I wear it.

2 comments:

Chellie said...

yay for sleeping in! I slept in until 8 today... I know, that is super late, but I went out last night with friends (does that count?).

I love your dress. It looks so cute on you too.

Good luck with the job hunting. They'll be foolish to not snatch you up in a heartbeat!

melissa said...

Love, LOve LOVE the dress!!! That cut and design looks AWESOME on you!

Something will present itself soon on the job front. You are really good at handling this kind of stuff. I think it's one of your strengths, ya know? You rarely get stressed and you are able to keep your head. Chel is right....they'd be crazy not to snatch you up!