Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Goings on

It seems that we are constantly busy, but I cannot think of what we are doing. We just enjoyed a four day weekend. I had to work a half day Friday, but was home by 11:30. We took T. Willy to a birthday party. He didn't mind at all that he was the only boy there. One of the girls was in his preschool class. She ran up to him and gave him a hug, but he kind of just stood there. Even at his age, the boys don't seem to hug each other much. Speaking of his age...we have been talking about his fourth birthday coming up in April. I asked him if he was excited about turning four. His answer! "Um, I think I'll just stay three."

Back to school today. The kids were wild. It felt like a Friday. I work at a Christian school where they have to wear uniforms. On Fridays they are permitted to wear jeans with their uniform shirt. They just know that they aren't in uniform and act very differently. Report cards went out today. I gave the worst report card I have ever given. One student had 2 F's and a D. I also had to write negative comments about the lack of effort on his behalf...the complete and total lack of effort. For instance...one test grade...a 19% on an OPEN BOOK TEST!!!!! Frustrating, yet I can't help but feel bad about it.

So, that's a little update from our house. Have a great day!!!

No comments: