Thursday, February 16, 2006

Strange days indeed

I am not romantic...affectionate, fine, loving, sure...just not romantic. So Valentine's Day really holds no special meaning for me. In fact, I have been known to use the word "boycott" in reference to it. So the Big Man and I had a date night on the 13th instead. We actually got a babysitter and went to the movies! I love to go to the movies. I love the big screen, I love the seats, I love the drugstore nearby where we go and buy candy first because I don't love overpriced movie candy. We saw "Walk the Line" and had a great time. (Have I mentioned that I went to school with Reese Witherspoon's husband?) We really needed the night out. On the way home, we bought MK some earrings because we did want her to celebrate it. On the 14th we made homemade pizzas. MK and the Big Man made the crust and we got to make our own. The Big Man made a deep dish Chicago style. MK made cheese only and I made a mushroom pie. I really like mushrooms but am the only one in the family who does so it worked for all of us. T. Willy got to pick at different ones. It was a lot of fun and a nice family night. Here is a picture of MK with her pizza.

The Big Man and T. Willy have been fighting the creeping crud that is going around. They have both been to the doctor and hopefully will be themselves soon. I wasn't sure whether to take T. Willy or not but when his nose ran green today, I called. He was great at the dr.'s office. He is not one to be kept still and they were quite nice about letting him open and close doors and knock on the walls. Fortunately there was only one other patient in there at the time and she was playing with him. The Business Manager even came out to play with him. She asked him for a hug and he RAN in the opposite direction, but then she asked for a high five and he turned, gave her a high five and ran away.

Tonight was a school night. We rode an hour to Pensacola, made it to class, talked about the project due next week and then heard, "Is she all right?" A couple of people said it at the same time and very calmly the professor said, "Yes, I think she just fell asleep." I then turned and saw one of my classmates apparently sleeping on her desk. But the professor was trying to wake her and she wouldn't wake up. The girl has mentioned some health issues and I noticed last week that she wears a medic-alert bracelet. After a couple of minutes it was obvious that she wasn't waking up so they called 911 and the professor dismissed class. She was starting to wake a bit when we left and was very upset, but we stayed out of the way because there was nothing we could do for her. It was a bit scary. I've never really seen anyone pass out but one of my roommates in college passed out in the bathroom once. I didn't see it happen but was there when she was brought back to the room. (Hi, M!) And that was scary enough. So, if you can, please pray for K. tonight. Thanks.

So, that's what we've been up to lately. We're probably going to head to New Orleans on Saturday. It will be my first trip back since Katrina hit, so I'm sure it is going to be different. The Big Man starts vacation after work tomorrow, so we hope to get some projects accomplished and for him to get lots of rest and time with the family. Have a great day!

No comments: