Monday, August 15, 2005

My husband is sleeping with a co-ed....

It's me! I am registered and paid up and ready to go. It has been quite awhile since I was on this side of the classroom, so it should be interesting. But I'm really looking forward to it.

The biggest change so far has been technology. I went to undergraduate school in the dark, dark ages...the days before e-mail or cable modems. One had to wait for mail or make phone calls and wait in lines and talk to many people to get anything accomplished. This time around, I have only had to speak to 1 person - my academic advisor. I had to meet with her to get my courses and major straight. Otherwise I signed up for the GRE, applied, was accepted and registered for classes via the Internet. I could have avoided the trip today but I had a certificate for 6 credit hours (saved me $$$$) and I wanted to make sure it was applied correctly.

This was only my 3rd trip to the campus. The buildings are numbered instead of named so it shouldn't be a problem. Today I was looking for Building 20. No problem...I vaguely remembered where it was, so I parked, put T. Willy in his stroller and took off. Immediately I found Building 19. This is going to be easier than I thought...but the building on one side was 18 and the next was 21. WHAT???? T. and I strolled around and looked around and found a map. It didn't help because I was hot and getting irritated. I walked behind the buildings. No help...they were in the 30's. Hmmm....I decided to walk. Out of order but in front of me was building 20. Thank you , Lord! I was able to go in and get my student ID, parking pass and payment taken care of in fewer than 15 minutes. This was not the college registration of my youth. It all worked out and after a trip to the bookstore to buy the entire family shirts, I was on my way home.

Well, almost home. We stopped at the mall first. I bought T. some shoes and MK some more school clothes. Then we went home.

The Big Man's brother, the Grillmaster (he's already cooked twice for us) and his wife, the Mrs. and their daughter, Miss came over on Saturday to stay at the in-laws' house around the corner. Poor timing for MK because she is in school, but we're trying to let them spend as much time together as they can. They are staying for most of the week. In addition, the Mrs.' sister and her husband came over yesterday. The whole crew is coming over tonight to watch football - the Eagles v. the Steelers. Since the Big Man's family is from the Pittsburgh area and I'm from the Philadelphia area, we're just glad it's pre-season and doesn't mean anything.

I picked up Miss and then we waited at a different bus stop to surprise MK. She was excited and now they are playing and I'm going to occupy T. Willy so that they can have some peace.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Way to Go! But...Details, please? What's your goal? What will you be studying? I'm all ears. And I hate to tell you that the college registration of OUR youth, is still alive and well at the University that we attended! (O.K., maybe not quite as bad, butthey are ALWAYS behind the curve on that sort of thing!) When can y'all come for Homecoming?

Anniesue said...

Hey, Melissa. I would love to come for Homecoming. Not in the near future, I'm afraid. But if we ever do, I'll let you know!

I am going to pursue my Master's in Reading Education at the Univ. of West FL. I would like to teach in a school but just a few students at a time, not a whole classroom. At least in FL it is becoming a high demand job..due to the FCAT, our state standardized test. This program will qualify me for K-12. I'm not too picky. I like the high school age very much, but also realize that it's important to get them on the right track early, so we'll see. I haven't even attended a class yet so I'm not going to get ahead of myself. One class will be online and the other will be in person.

J-Lynn said...

ROFL!!!

Good luck to you, I really enjoyed going back to school. I took on too much too soon though and ended up burned. I would like to take on a little bit sometime in the future again.

Best of luck to you and ummm this could bring on a whole new dimension to you and your husband...rofl

Thom said...

Back to school, eh? You GO, girl!