Thursday, August 25, 2005

A Case of the Happies

Every so often a feeling of joy, happiness and contentment passes over me. I'm having it right now. I can't even explain it. Maybe it's because I'm sitting in a clean house, quiet but for the washing machine, T. Willy safely in his bed napping, the Big Man just called from work and is having a good day and MK is at school where I know she is learning and enjoying time with friends. It's a nice feeling. I should look for it more often. This time it found me.

Tonight I start my face to face class. I started my online class last night. I had a reading assignment and some discussion questions to answer. Not too bad for the first night. Next week I have to read some articles and write 2 papers summarizing my reading. Wow...it has been a looooong time since I wrote a paper. The babysitter is lined up and I bought new notebooks and pens. School supplies for mom!

My new favorite CD..."Short Term Memories" by Chris Rice. Every morning when I drive MK to school she asks for the "Cartoon Song." We have it memorized now. My favorites are "Welcome to our World" and "Smellin' Coffee" so far, but every time I listen to it, I like something about another song. I am definitely a lyrics person and I like what he's saying.

So, there's that. I hope the "happies" find you! If so, tell me about it!

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I always wish I could bottle that feeling when I get it! LOL Glad things are so great today! I get this way when my house is clean as well, it really affects me!

Hugs, hope you have a great night too!

Thom said...

Yeh, the clean house vibe is a strong one. Feels good. A kind of content, everyone-I-love-is-safe and "all is well" feeling. Enjoy!

Good luck with class. Hope it goes well!