Sunday, February 13, 2011

If you really knew me...

You'd know that I am not someone who enjoys being on the go. I love to be home. However, I am not going to be home much in the weeks to come, and this weekend was the start of it.

After the Pinewood Derby yesterday, we had another scout activity today. It was Scout night at the Pensacola Civic Center. We watched our local Ice Flyers play the Louisiana Ice Gators.

The adventure started as soon as we arrived. We were pretty early, and an employee of the civic center invited T. Willy to be an honorary "bench warmer." He and two other scouts were able to walk on the ice and sit on the bench while the players warmed up. Several players skated by and fist bumped the boys, and even, to TW's chagrin, spit Powerade on them. I told him that he'd have thought that was pretty cool if he were older. They gave him an official game puck and a cupcake, announced his name to the whole arena, and it was a pretty good deal.

The game was fun even though our team was losing when we left a little early. The Big Man even went with us, but he left from there to go to some meetings in Alabama. We had a fun time and made some good memories. Poor MK was sick, so her memories are more "why did my mom make me go?" but I hope she'll remember some fun there too.

(In the distant picture, T. Willy is the kid on the bench on the far right.)

No comments: