Monday, March 08, 2010

"You're not really like other families."

That was a quote from one of my students today. I was explaining to
him how we spent our Oscar evening. The Big Man was working, so MK, T.
Willy and I put on our "fancy" clothes to watch the Academy Awards.
The Big Man was quite amused to come home to find me in a black velvet
dress and high heels...folding laundry. But we had a fun time
watching the Oscars together. MK made "fancy" snacks for us, and we
drank juice out of "fancy" glasses. Maybe we aren't like other
families...but I'm okay with it.

2 comments:

Darlene Jones said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! what a great memory for your kids :-)
i would have NEVER thought to do that :-)!!

Anonymous said...

I think that's awesome..Ava was really digging the awards this year for some reason..she had to go to bed so she asked me to record it :)