Thursday, November 05, 2009

My momma said...

"Just go to school, listen to your teachers, and do your work."

That is something one of my students said today. Good advice. She
was saying this because I had my first confrontation with a student. I
think it went okay. There was no bleeding involved, and I stood my
ground, but for a non-confrontational person such as I am, it was a
bit uncomfortable. Whew.

I was very happy to come home to a quiet house. The Big Man is working
late again, and MK has band, so I think T. Willy and I will drop her
off and head to the library...not too exciting, but after my
afternoon, it will be very welcome.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Glad you made it through the confrontation. I could never do it. Well...not without cursing, anyway. ;-) I don't know about you, but I still feel like I am right about the same age as these ridiculous high schoolers!! So strange! Missed reading your blog!

melissa in va said...

O.K that's actually *ME*. Melissa-Jackson's MOM. Not sure why that's popping up! ugh....

Anniesue said...

Well, I didn't curse, but she cursed at me! All in a day's work. I really love it, but I'm not sorry to see Friday tomorrow. It's good to see you back!