Thursday, November 19, 2009

I want to spend my time tying balloons to a chair

Maddie and I went to opening night of the school play. We had a great time. The play wasn't a typical play. It was a series of monologues, and we enjoyed it. We came away with some new phrases to keep in mind. I, of course, have already forgotten one, but I'll think of it.

The Kindergarten at Ty's school has a yearly Christmas play. Today Maddie and I went to the costume meeting. We were really holding out for the part of "reindeer," but, according to Ty, he's going to be an elf. Wish me luck. We'll find out officially from his teacher tomorrow. We stopped at his school on the way home from our school and sat in the parking lot feeling a little like stalkers. We were able to watch Ty getting on the bus, and Erik was able to take a picture of him getting off the bus today.


















Then Erik snapped a picture of Ty reading his Thanksgiving book wearing the headdress that he made at school.



















And tomorrow is our last day of school for a week! I cannot express how excited I am to wake up without an alarm for days and days. We don't really have any Thanksgiving plans. Erik works Thursday, so we'll stay local. I hope you have a great night!

No comments: