Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hockey night in Florida

Technically, it was hockey afternoon, but we enjoyed it anyway. After a long delay, the hockey season finally opened. Since I am from the Philadelphia area, I am a big Flyers fan. The Big Man's roots are in Pittsburgh, so they are Penguins fans. He has had a greater influence on MK's sports preferences, and she is a Penguins and Steelers fan. At least I have influenced one choice, because she says she likes the Phillies. She has a very good friend who loves the Penguins, so we invited her over for the game.

I thought that it would be fun to have foods from Philly and Pitt. I made Philly cheesesteaks, and we had Tastykakes and Herr's chips. We tried to find some local Pittsburgh foods, but that was more challenging. We ended up with Clark bars and Klondike bars and used Heinz ketchup on our cheesesteaks - not exactly healthy eating, but it was still fun. The Flyers may not have won, but it was still a fun day.







No comments: