Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Projects

The Big Man was on vacation this week, and instead of traveling, we had a "staycation." We went to the beach and did a lot of projects around the house. The Big Man hung shelves in my closet, and it's already made a big difference. We bought new living room furniture and a rug and really enjoyed arranging it. We did not enjoy bringing it in the house whatsoever. (I almost ended up with the French doors I've always wanted.) We managed to get it in and hope it doesn't have to go out for a long time.

I started a new project based on something that I saw on Pinterest. We had a stark white wall, and I wanted to dress it up. It isn't finished, but I'll post what I have so far. It's a "family tree." The tree is up, and now I will be badgering, er, asking family to send me some pictures to complete the project. I'll post the picture first of my inspiration, and then I'll post the two stages I've done. Next, I'll get some frames and hang the pictures. The major differences from the inspiration are that I will be asking for group shots, not individual pictures, and my tree is tall not wide.

No comments: