Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

It was an up and down day. It started well. I talked to my mom via text off and on all day. I knew I'd hit a bullseye with her Mother's Day gifts, and I couldn't wait for her to open her box from Amazon. I gave her the Pioneer Woman's two cookbooks. They are beautiful books, and I was so excited for her to see them.

I spent the day with the kids. MK spent the night with a friend, so T. Willy and I picked her up, then we went for a drive. Our former neighbors moved to the country a few years ago, and the Big Man ran into them recently. They mentioned that they have 10 acres for sale, and I wanted to check it out. I didn't find it, but we had a special time anyway. I dream of having land, but it will take awhile to make it happen.

In the middle of the day, I found out that a friend from high school passed away yesterday. I am just stunned. She was at her son's soccer game, and she just collapsed. The guess is seizure or aneurysm, and it's just heartbreaking.

So, that was our day. I hope yours was filled with more ups than downs.

I'm including a picture of the gift that T. Willy made for me at my neighbor's house.

No comments: