Thursday, August 05, 2010

First and Ten

And 21.

Today was the first day of school. It felt like a whirlwind. This year is completely different. My schedule is jam packed, and my classes are MORE packed. At one point students just kept coming in. It turns out (according to a student, at least) that kids were trying to get schedule changes, and they were being told the only openings were in my class. We completely ran out of desks. But once we establish a routine, it's going to be great!!! My favorite part? MK (the sophomore) is in my class. I loved getting to see her. She even sat near my desk!!!

T. Willy had a great day in first grade too. He said he made some new friends, and his teacher is great. We're all looking forward to the year.

It is also the Big Man's and my 21st anniversary. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but we had a great time anyway. We went out to dinner at a newer place in town, and we think we've found a new favorite place.

The pictures are of MK leaving for school at 6:15 this morning and of T. Willy being welcomed home from the bus after school.

No comments: