Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thank you, Big Man!!!!

One of my favorite childhood memories is of my grandparents' farm.
They lived on 50+ acres in West Virginia, and I am blessed and
thankful to have had that place to visit every year. My uncle still
lives there. I get especially nostalgic for it at Easter and in early
August because my uncle hosts the family, and I'm rarely able to go.
We last went when T. Willy was 1. T

There are two places that I loved to play when I was there. One was a
group of enormous rocks. They were big enough for us to climb on and
jump from rock to rock. In the spring, hundreds of tadpoles would
fill one of the craters, and I remember playing with them and my
cousins. The second was a piece of antique machinery. I think it was
a rake. I loved (love) that thing. I was a big watcher of Little
House on the Prairie, and I'd climb on the rake and pretend I was
farming. Silly I guess, but I have great memories of it.

Sooooo....a couple of weeks ago the kids and I were eating at the Big
Man's restaurant, and we saw an item in the gift shop. It had a seat
like the seat I remember on that rake at the farm. And last night,
the Big Man asked me to look in the back of his truck. He had gotten
it for me!!!! I love it, and here it is.

No comments: