Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cracks me up

If you look closely, you'll see that our window is broken. The kids
were in the living room, and I was in my bedroom when we all heard a
loud crash. I went right to the kitchen where I found MK. My initial
thought was that my crock pot had cracked, because it was in use at
the time. But MK directed me to the window. There has been a small
hole in it for quite awhile. It looks like it could have been made by
a bb. I knew that it wasn't new, but as soon as we looked down, we saw
that the lower window was shattered. Thankfully, it's double paned,
and the screen softened the impact and prevented it from reaching
inside the house. I instantly suspected what had happened, and my
suspicions were confirmed when my phone began to ring. It was my
neighbor apologizing. Baseball and 9 year old boys! At first we
couldn't even find the ball, it was about 20 feet away.

It was totally an accident, and I wasn't upset at all. The poor kid
was very upset. I assured him it was okay, and he quickly calmed
down. No injuries...and his dad installs windows for a living, so it
all worked out fine. They came right over and his dad cleaned up the
glass and quickly measured for a new one. He thinks it will be here
by Wednesday.

1 comment:

Darlene Jones said...

sorry, i know this is NOT funny but i could not help but laugh.....poor kid, i just could not imagine what he must have been going through!!!! sure hope his parents don't make him put up the bat and ball for good...lol.