Sunday, January 10, 2010

'Tis better to....receive....

I'm not talking about Christmas, so I think it's okay to start that way.

As you may know, my 40th birthday was in October. It was truly one of my best birthdays ever...especially gift-wise. I know it's not really polite to discuss, but I was given some really great swag this year. I was using some of it this evening and was reminded of how much I'm enjoying it.

My boots: I bought my boots with money from my in-laws, and I absolutely love them and wear them way too often!


















Then my mixer...I had salivated over one of these for years. It was used a lot over the holidays. I even look for things to make just so I can use it. Thanks to my parents for this beauty! (Yes, MK is too...but I'm focusing on the mixer right now.) My parents also gave me the Eagles hoodie that was featured last night...we didn't win, but it's a great shirt!

















Cast iron Dutch oven: courtesy of the Big Man. I use this thing a LOT, and it makes me happy every time I do. He once told me that if you cook in cast iron, you'll get your RDA of iron, and it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my family with each meal I make in it. Here it is holding crawfish etouffee.



















And my Pioneer Woman cookbook. I use this OFTEN! For instance, tonight I made Breakfast Burritos for dinner. Yum! I have bookmarked it with post-it notes, because I haven't had time to try everything. It is a beautiful cookbook, and it isn't exactly calorie-conscious, but the food is hearty and delicious. The pot roast is MK's favorite which is nice because she gave the book to me.




















I just wanted to write about these things and to let the givers know how much they are appreciated!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Sweeet boots!!! I am currntly on the lookout for a new pair. I have worn mine OUT!! And I have the same kitchen aid mixer! I heart it it w/ all my being! I've had mine for 11 years!!!Still going strong! Enjoy!