Monday, July 02, 2007

There's no place like home - there's no place like home

Today we flew up to Delaware to spend the week with my parents. The Big Man didn't get to come but I know he will enjoy a quiet week at home.

Our flights were great. T. Willy was excellent all day. Flying with a 3 year old can be unpredictable but he was great, even though we had to wake him at 4:30am. We met up with my mom and Alyssa in Atlanta and flew home with them. The first thing we noticed when we got home was how cool it is here. There's no humidity! Mk even complained that it was cold, but I wouldn't go that far...just very different than Florida.

My brother and his oldest son play on a softball team, so we went to their game tonight. There were tons of kids around T. Willy's age but he was content to just watch them running around. He would say hi but didn't feel the need to join in.

Not a whole lot planned. My parents have invited people over for the 4th of July, so that should be a good time. A surprise for MK is that we may go to a local zoo. She is crazy about the strangest animal - the sloth! I did a little research and found out that this zoo is one of the few that actually has a sloth, so we're going to try to take her there. She doesn't know about it yet and I think she'll be very excited! My brother has some plans to take me into Philly for a few things. So it should be a fun week!!!

Hope yours is fun too! Good night.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Have a wonderful week! You are right, there is no place like home :)

Bridget said...

Have a great time with your family! I have to agree, there is no place like home.

Chellie said...

Fun! Fun!
Have a great time! You'll have to post some pictures... sounds like it's going to be wonderful!